The goal of DECIDE is to help people — ranging in age from 18 to 90 years old — learn how to change their behavior so they can better manage their diabetes. In research trials, DECIDE’s clinical and behavioral benefits include:
- Lowered A1C Levels
- Lowered Blood Pressure
- Lowered Cholesterol
- Improved Medication Adherence
- Improved Self-Management Behaviors
What is DECIDE?
DECIDE is a population health solution that guides patients through self-management of diabetes, while facilitating engagement between the patient and their health coach and/or diabetes educator. This unique, interactive program focuses on behavioral change that improves both self-management skills and diabetes health outcomes.
- Developed by leading experts in diabetes patient self-management
- Based on Johns Hopkins research and clinically tested
- Unique training approach based on behavioral change
- Impactful for those with uncontrolled diabetes
- Used by the CDC as a prevention initiative for cardiovascular disease
- Adopted by leading state academic institutions in the US
- Designated by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene as a “model program”.
- Works in high risk and low risk patients, minority and non-minority populations, and persons spanning 30-90 years of age